Want to spice up dinner but keep it healthy, quick, and simple? Try this bangin' shrimp recipe! The burst of flavor and nutritious combo of sefood, whole grain rice, and veggies really give it a bang!
* 2 Lb Shrimp
* 2 Cups Shredded cabbage and lettuce, toss in lemon juice for additional flavor.
* 5 Stocks of chive, thinly sliced
* 1 Cup Whole Grain or Wild Rice cooked, with lemon zest after cooked
5 tablespoons light mayo
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon sriracha
Saute shrimp in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil until fully cooked.
Cook rice as directed.
Toss shrimp in the sauce until lightly coated.
Place rice on bottom of dish and make a hole for a handful of the lettuce/cabbage mix.
Top with 5-6 shrimp and garnish with chive. Be sure not to forget the chive, it adds wonderful flavor!
Total Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Original Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com, by Gina Homloka
Additional Meal Prep Ideas:
1. Shrimp tacos: place shrrimp, shredded lettuce mix, and fresh citrus fruit like mango or pineapple inside a whole grain tortilla
2. Breakfast Sandwich: place 2 eggs and 3 shrimp on whole grain bread with sriacha mayo and spinach